Monday, March 26, 2007

More Wiki

I got everything working. I had some trouble though. *Never* install MySQL without a root password on Windows during the install, things get screwed up. Also, I uninstalled version 5 and deleted all the folders that hung around. I then installed version 4, which apparently gets along quite a bit better with MediaWiki. Instead of doing the manual cut-and-paste config on PHP, I downloaded the msi installer which worked like a charm. I couldn't be more pleased with that installer. Anyway, after all that, which was basically a complete re-install, everything is working. Step-by-step coming later this week.

No comments: